Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Almost 18 years ago Welsh, Louisiana became my new home base.I had married Pat in November and arrived as a Swedish immigrant into the U.S. in December, 1998.
This blog will feature people, stories, music food and occurrences  I have run across since I moved here. There will also be some memories from "the old country".
South Louisiana has been my home since i moved here and after 18 years in , what some call Cajun Country. After all these years I refer to myself as Swejun.
Despite living most of my life in the Swedish south (Skåne) I soon realized that there was more that connected people from different cultures, than separated us.
I moved from a crawfish crazy, agricultural part of Sweden to a crawfish crazy agricultural part of southwest Louisiana.   
Over the years I have experienced so much here, much thanks to my job as the editor for The Welsh Citizen, a weekly newspaper in Welsh, where I live together with Pat and our Boston terrier, Buster. I was the "newspaper man" here. for 14 years, until the newspaper closed a couple of years ago.
Still to this day some kids refer to me as the "newspaper man", or the "picture man", when they see me at the grocery store.
My goal is to post stories here a few times every month, but I am not making any promises. Sometimes life has other plans in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment