Sunday, August 23, 2026

The story of Golden Age of Welsh

 This is the story of my weeks at Golden Age of Welsh Therapy Center. My first and formost goal is to   get out of here and go back toon our home just a few blocks away. This story started  on August , when I was admitted to The Lady Of Lourdes hospital in Lafayette. I was going to have XNephrectumy Robotic procedure to take out my right kidney. All went well, but soomewhere between the pre-op and the post-op room my eyeglasses disappeared. Never seen them since. 


August  18

A bittersweet day .Pat and I were on telephone with Isabelle. Tomorrow she starts her road to independence. She will board the classic train route from NOLA. Eventually the tracks will take her to the university of Rochester.ed PT.

Also today I started PT. A 2 hour regimen which eventually take me out of this place.


August 19

Start with a dreadful breakfast. Grey and brown stuff. Then a shower. First since August 5.

Then PT, a shorter version

Allons a Lafayette. Having an appointment with Dr. Broussard, who took my kidney out. All staples were removed by his nurse. All looks fine.

Now I’m back at Golden Age. and I’m dead tired.

Supper was spaghetti Alfredo with chicken.

I’m promised another shower tomorrow morning. It’s kinda hard to take, but I better get used to the situation.


August 21


The day started on a bad note. Woke up in the middle of the night, around 1:30 am  I had a bad B movement.  I finally got tended to after ncies answering to calls. Amy is in  full control over stress. This morning my catheter was taken out by two MD’s. Actually just one. After the shower Amy and her opposite dried me and  helped me put on my Rochester (hi granddaughter Isabelle) t-shirt, pants and socks.

In a sudden outburst ms S said if you don’t pee within 6 hrs we have to put it back in. 

I will refuse if you try to force me to do it.

We can force you!

Amy calmly said: No, we can’t. I then had both feet and lower legs wrapped, then socks on.

Then off to PT. Physical therapy plus stress relief. Two hours later I was escorted back to my room, which I share with a nice man from Lake Charles. Then supper arrived. Now I’m just gonna try to daze off and eventually go to sleep.

I spoke too soon. Rolling thunder and thunderstorm warnings woke me up. Even more happened. I actually peed in diaper. No more catheter until further notice.



August 22

The night continued like evening ended. Urine continued coming. When it first happened yesterday, I called my wife. We cried tears of joy together. We both have gone thru a lot together since August 5, since my right kidney was removed. Our goal is have me home again. First waits weeks of physical therapy. Five days a week, two hours of daily PT. Maybe two weeks. Then home health is stepping in for support.


August 23 



  



No comments:

Post a Comment